Question
Posted by: Mokkie | 2011-04-04

Bladder

I am nearly 51 (eina!). I have an over-active thyroid and use Eltroxin. Last year I had the MIrena removed and went on the Mirelle. It did not gel with my thyroid, TSH shot up to 42. I am battling ever since with the TSH, picked up 10 kg! But that''s not what I want to know.
I am not using any contraceptive at this stage. Didn''t menstruate in Jan or Feb, but then again in March. I never had a hysterectomy, had 1 normal birth and 1 cesarean.
Since the beginning of the year my bladder leaks. Not when I laugh, sneeze or cough like other women. I don''t even feel it, when I go to the loo, I just find it. I have to wear panty liners all day.
Do I have to worry? Should I consult a doctor? If yes, who? Gyne? Urologist?
As always, thank you for your help and time

You are probably menopausal and therefore not having periods. See a gynaecologist about the bladder.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-04-07