Question
Posted by: Lexi | 2010-11-18

Bladder

Hi - I went to see my doc re pain in lower pelvic area and upper abdomenal area on Saturday. No burn or much frequency in urination. She did pick up an infection in my urine and gave me antibiotics which seemed to help for a day or 2. The pain came back and I went back to check again with her and the dipstick read no infection. She has given me urispas which seems to help a lot. Why am I still feeling pain if the infection is gone? - I dont like it, it doesnt feel right and I have never had this pain before. I have also just been on my periods, which were completely normal. Am I supposed to take the Urispas if I feel better or is it something I must complete (I dont like the fact that it might be masking the symtpoms of something else). The pain radiates from hip bones towards belly button and then sometimes I only feel it very low down (like inside pubic bone) and then sometimes at the tip of my urether.

Hallo Lexi
Urispas is not a course that you have to complete - it helps symptomatically for spasm and irritation of the bladder. Although the infection may be cleared, you still may have inflammation in the tissue. Give it a few days still but let your doctor know if it does not clear up when the antibiotic course is finished. They may need to do further tests (blood tests or a sonar)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-18

Hallo Lexi