Question
Posted by: Barbie van Antwerpen | 2010/04/13

Bladder

My Bladder is folling out, i had a heasterectomy 9 years ago and know my bladder is folling out. How long wil i stay in hospital if they fix this?

Usually 3-4 days.

2

Usually 3-4 days.

Posted by: Doc | 2010/04/13

A few things. Firstly: women with your complaint mostly assume it is their bladder, but often it is another pelvic structure that is prolapsing. Therefore: have this evaluated by a gynecologist with experience. Secondly: there are different operations to repair prolapse. Each has different success rates. The type will depend on your age, and impact of the prolapse on quality of your life. Take care in deciding on the type of operation! Average hospitalisation for this type of surgery however is 2-3 days in total.

Reply to Doc