Posted by: Bettie | 2012-03-05

My husband was bitten by a black widow spider more than a month ago. He did not realise what happened and had severe symptoms which he survived without proper treatment. He did however get antibiotics for a bladder infection, which seemed to help. It now appears that he has bladder infection again and he has trouble urinating. What treatment is there for him and how long does it take for the venom to get out of his system?

The poor urination can be due to a prostate problem. He will have to consult an urologist for an examination and treatment. The poison of the spider will be ineffective by now. The local area where he was bitten by the spider can be treated with topical antibiotics and removal of dead tissue.

Posted by: Bettie | 2012-03-08

Thanks for the feed back. I actually suspected this. Is it possible that an enlarged prostate can cause difficulty in having regular bowel movement? He is not actually constipated.

Reply to Bettie