Posted by: Cindy Lee | 2011-04-05

Hi Dr
I wonder if you could maybe help with this, On Sunday 03/4/2011 I was sitting down, I was in an airy space, had a terrible flush, like hot flush, clammy but sweating, started to feel like I was fainting, told my friend i feel terrible, next thing i lost all conciousness, a friend said my face contorted and my eyes rolled back, i came too in about 10 mins, but found in th meantime o had lost control of all bodily functions, ECG, was normal as was blood tests ? I do suffer from high blood pressure, but when they took my blood pressure it was very low, but an hour later back to normal. Please can you give me a direction i should be looking at. I am not concerned as this has happened before to me, and i didn''t suffer any lasting effects

Cindy Lee

It is imperative that you consult a neurologist, to exclude the possibillity of suffering from a mild form of epilepsy. Certain cardio-vascular conditions can also be a cause but I do however, suggest that you consult a neurologist firms and maybe a cardiologist. Loss of conciousness should also be investigated.