Posted by: Backsetter | 2009-07-22

Hi anyone

I need help...i haven' t paid my credit account since 2003 when i was retenched &  just dodge all of them they amount to about R30 000 ...i' m now blacklisted or on ITC...i cannot buy anything on credit &  want a new car....i just turned 30 and so frustrated as it sets me back, lucky my car is finished paid...&  now i have my Whole salary all to myself...but where do i start????? i don' t even know who to or who...that have handed me over??? PLEASE HELP> ....i want to get out of this....

Not surprising you're blacklisted ! If you owe R 30,000 you just can't buy a new car --- you can't afford it. Anyhow, you already have one. Don't buy on credit --- if you can't aford iot, don't buy it. If they are taking you to court, you will need a lawyer, either privately or you might explore whether there is a free law clinic at your nearest law school. And maybe someone at the bank can advise you, but draw up a very strict budget and stick to it, saving all the money you can, to pay off your debts. NO clubs, parties, drinking, luxuries of any kind. No new clothes. No fancy hairdos. In future, even if you become again allowed to have one, do not get a credit card, only a debit card, and spend only what you can afford. And remember, the money you owe was not yours, but belongs to other hard-working people who through the banks, etc., lent it to you. Respect that

Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-22

Thanks everyone for your input.....MY BAD for the Economy ....anyways...My Blacklisted debt only amounts to R12920 thank' s NOT R30 000. anyways...i' m going to pay that now by selling my OLD CAR...have my name cleared...&  buy me a NEW Golf 6...which i can afford and only buy cash...WHICH i have been doing....&  a new house since i have now a HIGH paid Job that pays more money than in 2003 when i couldn' t afford to pay my debts due to being RETRENCHED> least i can say I enjoyed my life to the full in all that time....MIGHT i add i more responsible' s life without taking RISKS.....

Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-22

Its people like YOU ruining our economy. You the reason why a financially stable person like me with no debt cant get a house.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Posted by: Gracie | 2009-07-22

You WANT a new car? You cannot possibly expect to get credit if you have failed to pay the debt that you already have ... pay off all your debts first ... what a pleasure to be car-debt free??!! Why on earth would you want to incur more debt if you cannot even pay the debt you have ????

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-07-22

Why would you want to continue buying on credit...
Wow, how is not being able to get a new car setting you back when you have one already, that is paid off.Why not hold onto that until you can afford to purchase a new car with your own cash.
You sound like a very irresponsible person and no wonder you are black listed.
What to do... call all your debtors and make a plan to pay them what you owe, then you take it from there to have your name cleared and then... you do not bother with credit again!

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: wtf | 2009-07-22

you start by paying off your debt!

Reply to wtf