Question
Posted by: Outdated | 2008/08/07

Blackheads

I' m suffering from blacheads and if i pick on them, they turn to be a pimple, I use dermopal range face wash and sunscreen only.

will you please recommend somthing else?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello ‘Outdated’, thank you for the question.

The blackheads you see are a direct result from an excess of sebum production and enlarged pores. The following ingredients have been found to make a significant difference in treating the cause of the blackheads and helping to prevent the pigmentation or discoloration you have noticed:
Glycolic and salicylic acid face wash
Oil free moisturizers (NeoStrata, Environ Acne range) and SPF (Heliocare)
I would also add the NeoCeuticals Clear Skin Solution (from NeoStrata) and the NeoStrata Oil Control Gel
Please remember to wash your face twice daily and use a gentle approach and do not use an exfoliator or ‘facial scrubs’ as this will aggravate the blackheads.
Furthermore, do not pick or squeeze the skin in any way.