Question
Posted by: bev | 2011-11-07

blackened feet

hi, am an african woman the area from where my leg end to my toes at the top of my foot has gone black. underneath is fine but this area is so dark. could this be caused by exposure to the scan. i have gone for a doppler scan and had tests for arthritis and diabetes which came back negative but positive for anaemia. what can i do, have now resorted to wearing socks coz am embarassed.

what is causing this?

Bev

The discolouration can be due to poor oxigenation of your feet, due to anemia. Try and keep your feet elevated, do not smoke and use the medication given for the treatment of your anemia.