Question
Posted by: NESH | 2009/02/24

Black strap molasses

I was advised to take a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses a day as it has many health benefits, i researched it on the internet and found it to have excellent health benefits, i also read that taking blackstrap molasses produced melanin in the skin, will it change the skin colour making it darker as melanin makes skin darker. I am of Indian decent i would not want to get any darker

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

i have only heard of the benefits of blackstrap molasses and no negative effects. Do not exceed in high dosages though as this is quite a sweet product.

Dr Debbie