Question
Posted by: Nthabiseng | 2011/03/16

Black Spots on my face

Dear Doctor,
I have black spots on my face. I have been going to the same demartologist since 2004 during the time that I am using his solutions and night cream the spots fade away but as soon as I stop using them they resurface. I am so tired of consulting every 3 or so months as if I have a chronic condition. He refuses to recommend something that I can get over the counter which can give me the same results. Could you recommend something good that I can use please? I do not go out without a wearing a sun screen, 30spf.

Dear Nthabiseng
The over the counter skin lighteners are dangerous and can cause worsening of the black spots due to irritation and dermatitis. But you should be able to get a prescription from him for 6 months that your GP can refill for you (something like Retin A cream is often used) If he refuses to do this I think you should get a second opinion from another dermatologist.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/16

Dear Nthabiseng
dr Bets