Question
Posted by: Barb | 2010-08-31

Black outs

I am a white female aged 55, weigh 90 kgs.

On about four or five occasions in the past thre months I have had sudden blackouts that have lasted about 5 seconds, during which I felt I could not see anything.

Seemed to recover afterwards each time - but felt a bit unstable.

With this minimum information, please can you give me indication of what the causes could be

Hallo Barb
Please see your doctor as this may be caused by transient ischemic attacks (like "mini" strokes). You need a thorough medical examination and some blood tests and also ask the doctor to look at the retinas of the eyes.

2
Posted by: Bozo | 2010-08-31

I am no docter, but would advise you to get your sugar tested.

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-31

Hallo Barb