Question

Black out

In December after I woke up and got out of bed and went to the kitchen to make some coffee, I passed out three times in the space of a few minutes. After I had a pass out spell I felt hot, sweaty and nauseous. I went to the doctor two days later, who checked iron, kidneys, FBC, blood pressure, blood sugar and was all okay. I passed out again this morning, only once this time and had the same reaction afterwards. I felt hot and sweaty and felt nauseous. After sitting for a while I felt better. I am taking 1 trepiline at night to prevent migraines, otherwise am generally a healthy 33 year old female. Is this something I should worry about or should I view this again as an isolated incident? thanks for your advice.

Dear Anonymous
Common causes of fainting are low blood pressure, heart arrythmias, nervous system causes or pressure on a blood vessel going to the brain. Some kinds of epilepsy can cause something called "drop attacks", and low adrenal gland function can also cause fainting.
See http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/articles/065.html
I think you should maybe have an ECG of the heart just to exclude arrythmia, and if this keeps on happening they may need to look further to find the cause.