Question
Posted by: Les | 2010-08-03

Black Mucus

Hi doc, recently...about 2 weeks back I noticed that in the morining when i brush my teeth &  have to spit, the colour of it is black. Its only if i like pull from deep in my chest. I also do have a problem that when I cry theres alot of mucus that gets pulled up from mt chest so i have to spit alot if i tear or cry. Im a non smoker &  im not around ppl who smoke. My husband doesnt smoke &  every1 at work smokes outside so i dont really get expsed to alot of smoke. I dont know how to explain the phlegm,its only in the mornings &  if i pull from my chest. Other than that if i spit its normal. I am a bit concerned since I dont smoke or drink or part take in any other foolish acts that may cause this. Please help. Im 21 if that would help.

Hallo Les
It is a bit concerning as it could be blood that causes this discolouration. Please see your doctor as you may need a x/ray of the chest to check for possible causes.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-03

Hallo Les
dr Bets