Question
Posted by: kim | 2008/08/13

Black Forest Tea - for Constipation

Can anyone please tell me if this works and if it has any side effect and do it work out your contraception.
Do you loose weight if you drink it

thanks

Dear Kim
Black Forest Tea is a herbal laxative which will certainly make your stomach work. It is, however, rather a harsh laxative and it is not a good idea to use harsh laxatives for long periods because this makes the colon lose its natural function and then you will be dependent on laxatives all the time. Excessive use of harsh laxatives can also cause dehydration, so it would be better to use a high fibre intake or a gentler laxative like Fybogel (buy at chemist) and probiotics (good microorganisms) like Bifidoforte (buy at health shop) to regulate your bowel habits. If the laxative causes diarrhoea then it can interfere with the contraceptive pill.

2
Posted by: Pinky Seerane | 2014/03/28

Hi... im a month pregnact,can i drink laxative tea?

Reply to Pinky Seerane
Posted by: cathy | 2009/02/01

my mom suffers from contipation, she is 69 yrs old, needs to take a laxative, she is now taking black forrest tea,is this good on a long basis?please advice.

Reply to cathy