Question
Posted by: Keen | 2010-05-18

Bitterness

Doc, I don't know what to do anymore. Im 33, gay, and extremely bitter. I have uncontrolable bursts of anger and depression. Some days are ok. I lost my friends due to all this. Its just that this weird feeling comes over me and I start lashing out. I'm not violent or anything, just emotional, angry and bitter. I don't want to feel like this. I want to be better and have a normal life. what can I do?

Sometimes I take dormonoct in the evening just to calm down as I can't sleep...its as if the anger is eating me up. I'm angry coz it feels like life has just kicked me in the butt and no one cares...i'm all alone.

Could you be depressed ? Depression can include bitterness, irritability, etc, and responds to proper treatment. When you get angry - is it appropriate, thatis, is it about something significan and in proportion to the cause ? Or is it excessive to any cause, and sometimes with little cause ? Is it a reflection of feeling solitary, alone, unloved and unsupported ?
Counselling could help to clarify the issues and to help you find better ways of dealing with them

2
Posted by: Me | 2010-05-18

Please also post on the Gay, lesbian and bisexual forum. There are people there who give excellent advice.

Reply to Me