Posted by: Lorraine | 2011-04-06

Bitter taste in the Mouth

I have a bitter taste in my mouth which seems to be coming from the right side of my mouth, everything that I eat or drink tastes horrible. I have a tingling (numb) feeling on the tip of my tongue and lips and sometimes it feels like my mouth is pulling tight (not sure if it is though)?
I was diagnosed with osteaoporosis about 5 years ago which causes me lower back problems and leg pain (especially my right leg). I have a pain in the lower right side of my abdoman and when I press my right rib cage with my finger the bones feel bruised. I am 51 yrs old and have had this bitter taste for almost a year now?

A bitter taste in the mouth is usually associated with dental pathology but these symptoms could also be caused by gallbladder pathology. I suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination.

Posted by: Lorraine | 2011-04-06

Regarding the bitter taste in my mouth, I dont have diarrhea or suffer from nausea or heartburn, the only other thing that does occur are hot flushes (flashes), and I am not on any medication.

Reply to Lorraine