Question
Posted by: Elize | 2011/03/22

Bitter taste in mouth

I have had a very unpleasant and bitter taste in my mouth for the past two days now. Nothing I eat or drink takes it away, in fact it makes it worse. I also experience intermittent stomach cramps, as if I am coming down with a bug, but have no other symptoms. It doesn''t feel like I have to run to the bathroom the whole time, but I have a ''tender'' feeling in my stomach, almost like the lining is raw/tender. It feels like the start of a stomach bug, but I do not have the classic ''run to the toilet'' symptoms. The bitter taste is my mouth is very uncomfortable, as it feels like I''m sucking panado''s the whole time. What could be the cause of this?

Hallo Elize
You may have a gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) with acid reflux causing the bitter taste in your mouth. It may help to take an anti-acid like Gaviscon, but if the symptoms persist your doctor may need to prescribe a PPI (acid suppressant medication) like Nexiam or do further tests.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/22

Hallo Elize