Question
Posted by: TK | 2010-02-01

Bitten by dog and rabies

Hi Dr.

I was lightly bitten by a house dog of people I visited. It did not show any signs of rabies, but I am still worried, as the dog has never bitten anyone before and I did not provoke it, I was walking away from the house when it bit me. Can a dog infect a person even though it does not show signs of rabies yet? And if it is infected, how long before it will show signs so I know to get the vaccination injections? I' ve heard of the 10 day rule, and it has been about two weeks already, and I probably would have heard if the dog has developed symptoms, or not? Do I need to be worried at all?

TK

Dear TK

Sorry for the late reply but by now you should know if you Rabies or not.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-02-08

Dear TK

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: steph | 2010-02-02

you' re probably fine if that period of time has elapsed

Reply to steph