Posted by: Gogga | 2009-03-18

biting the vet...

Doc, could you tell me if vets accept getting bitten by their patients as " just part of the job" ? I have a very mean little cat who doesn' t even let me touch anything except her head and neck, and she already bit the vet when she was a kitten. Now she' s got some kind of irritation on her tail or hind legs and she wouldn' t let me near to see if there' s anything wrong, she' s even grumpier than usual. I don' t know who I feel sorrier for, the cat or the vet, but I' ll have to take her there sooner or later. I suppose I should offer to hold the " sharp end"  while he checks out the backside? What else can be done?

Dear Gogga

Just warn the vet before the consultation. The rest is up to him.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-03-18

My ferals wont tolerate a vet handling them , my vet just sedates them.

Reply to Carol