Question
Posted by: jannett | 2010/02/15

BITING JACK RUSSEL

We have a 6 year old jack russel. We had a Shaipei who died recently due to tick feaver- 3 weeks ago. The jack russel is supper aggressive this last couple of weeks. Especially if any other dogs come in our yard. Yesterday it bit my 5 year old daughter in the face, because it ran after a lizzard and she was between them. Is it true that the dog will bite her again and must we now put the dog out. I don' t know what to do. We did take my daughter to hospital and were lucky that there is no permanent damage, but I am scared that the dog will bite again and don' t know how to handle this. I also don' t want to put the dog out but i need advise.

Dear Jannett

I would buy a DAP diffuser as well a pheromone collar for the dog and get a behaviourist involved as well. If you do not see the aggression dissapear very quickly it is not worth taking a chance with your children.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/15

Dear Jannett

Reply to Cybervet