Question
Posted by: jenny | 2010-06-13

bite

we live on a farm in the eastern cape, my 11 month grand daughter was bitten by a small red tick on her cheek. we put vaseline on the tick and only pulled it off once it was dead. she has now got a rather large (about the size of the head of an hb pencil) red lump where the tick was bitting. any advise?

Jenny

Commonly, necrosis can occur in the area of a tick bite. The tissue heals poorly in the bite site. I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination, to assess if the area has formed an abscess and if a course of anti-biotics are needed.

Kind regards