Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/25

Bit worried

I was already between 5-6 weeks pregnant when I found out that I was pregnant. Between conception and finding out I had a cortisone injection as well as Ketazol for a fungal infection. Doctor can u please advise if any of the two could hurt the embryo between 1-5 weeks? My first appointment with the gynae is only next week and I' m stressing a bit.

The cirtisone injection is not a problem. If you used Ketazol cream, that is not a problem. The tablets have been shown to cause problems if given in high doese in animal studies. A single dose would probably not have an effect.