Question
Posted by: Jay | 2009-09-23

Bit confused

Hi doc.

I just wanted to know if you could help us out. My girlfriends breasts have been really sore for the past few days and are a bit swollen. Now i know thats a good sign for pregnancy but the funny thing is that she has been having her periods as she normally does.
She does horse riding so i dont know if that could cause the pain from the bouncing maybe.
Any advise would be appreciated as it is very painfull for her
thanks

Dear Jay

Breast tenderness is a non-specific sign of pregnancy and can occur in other conditions including hormonal imbalance as well inflammatory conditions of the breasts. A simple urine home pregnancy test is often all that is required in pregnancies suspected.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim