Posted by: estranged | 2009-07-22

My estranged wife would like us to put our diiference aside and spend my son' s birthday together , she says no funny business, The thing i fail to understand is that she refuse to go for therapy to resolve our differences.
Is this normal .

What's normal ? This isn't unusual, some people find it very had to admit that there is anything fixable in a relationship that became a problem. This is sad, because marriage counselling can very often help a couple to sort things out, and at least to understand how tjhings went wrong, so as to avoid similar problems in future.
Above all, don't either of you do anything that affects your son except for his benefit. If you can both behave well and give him a happy time togther for his birthday, do so

Posted by: estranges | 2009-07-22

Also when my son is with me , she continue to phone and check on us . She seems want to be friend , where i don t want to have anything to do with her , unless she willing to try an make this relationship work

Reply to estranges