Question
Posted by: Sarah-Ann | 2011/09/23

Birth question

I had an emergency c-section almost 5 years ago. During birth the gynae told me that she''s going to get ontop of me to push out the baby, is this normal practice? It''s been 5yrs, but to this day it still bothers me, needles to say that I''m not with them any longer.

2ndly, I visited my gynae yesterday and wanted to know why I''ve got so much pain on my right side, it turns out that during stitching up of the c-section a ligament got stitched up too and that there is nothing they can do for me, I have to live with it, even intercourse is painfull due to this. Should I go for a 2nd opinion?

Pushing on the top of the uterus is sometimes done, especially if there is a problem such as the shoulders geting stuck. I am not sure how your gynaecologist knew that a ligament was stitched. Adhesions after a caesarean can occur (like scar tissue) and this may be the cause.

1