Posted by: LOLO | 2013-01-17

Birth Plan

Hello Dr...

I feel frustrated and quite confused. I''m currently 31 wks pregnant and I went for follow up at my gynae this week. I''m a G2P1, prev c/s x1 in 2007 for foetal distress of which the baby died at 5mnths....

My gynae now told me he is not willing/comfortable to let me do trial of scar but wants me to do elective c/s because I''m a previous c/s and I don''t have a living child.
But the death was due to Gastro enteritis and not labour reasons. I tried to ask him to assess other factors like the lie and presentation of the baby but he wouldn''t listen and said I can go for a second opinion. I guess my fear as well is that what if the baby does not make it and I only have one last chance of another baby.......

There are risks to a normal delivery after a caesarean, mainly that the scar can rupture. This would mean the death of the baby and probably a hysterectomy for you. This is probably what your gynae is worried about. You could go to a differnt gynae if you like.