Posted by: scorned | 2008-12-22

birth of child changed everythin

hi dr

my husband and i were so happy we had our initial teething problems in our marriage but we found a balance and life was about making each other happy., his family were always the interfeing type and he had come to realize that with time- they put us through alot and when he wasn' t even talking to them i kept the peace and stood by his side. even in my pregnancy no body bothered and made ynrealistic demands which i did do,- 3 months ago i had a baby and went to my mums for a bit to help me and everything cahanged!!!! he only has time for his family and bends over backwards to please them he would choose them anyday over me and i hurt cos it seems like eveything the two of us have been thru means nothing to him. he loves baby with all he' s heart but i' m just too hurt with his new found love for his family and thoughts like they are his obligation. i' v tried telling him how i feel and he keeps saying its not like that, but actions speak louder than worsd. what should i do should i just ignore him a while or lay low or let him be all about his family???

Do I understand you to say that he was fine with you and the child and ignoring his family, until you went away with the child to your mum, and then he again became perhaps over-attached to his own family ? Try to persuade him to join you in marriage counselling, to sort this out on a broader front