Question
Posted by: Confused | 2008/10/16

Birth method

Hello Doc

My history is as follows:

In 2003 I had a large chocloate cyst removed via laparoscopic surgery, and was told that I had endometriosis. In December last year, I had 1 tube and ovary removed (via a laparotomy), due to the ovary being damaged by another cyst.

In April I managed to fall pregnant, and my baby is due in January 2009. It is such a wonderful feeling to be pregnant after eveything that we have been through!

Is it possible for me to have a natural vaginal birth, or would a c-section be recommended? I do not want to be pushed into a c-section for the sake of " convenience"  and would therefore appreaciate a sound medical opinion.

Many thanks for your advice!

There would not be a medical reason for a caesarean section because you have endometriosis.