Posted by: Julie | 2009-04-28

birth controle after breastfeeding

Morning, my question comes in 2 parts. Firstly I stopped breastfeeding my 14mnt old daughter on Friday. I would just like to know if you would recommend to take a break and let my body have one period before I start new birthcontrole (I haven' t had a period since I fell pregnant as I was breastfeeding and on the minipill). And secondly I was thinking of going onto the Evra patch but have now read a couple of horror stories of side effects for it, what are your thoughts on the patch? Thank you so much for your time :)

You are at risk for pregnancy so, unless you use condoms, you should start contraception.
All contraceptives have some side effects. Unless you ahve risk factors such as smoking or hypertension, the chnace of serious problems is low.

I used to use the patch and had no side effects... the only thing is it peels on the edges.