Question
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-20

birth control-will i gain weight?

hi,

I really want to start birth control. Is there any that will not make me gain weight or even one that may help me lose some weight while im on it? I really should go on birth control but i am concerned about weight gain.

The majority of women do not gain any weight on the Pill.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-10-22

Posted by: Jazz | 2009-10-21

I think it' s different for each individual for eg. I was on the injection and gained weight, I' m changed to the pill and my weight dropped almost immediately. However my colleague was the opposite, she was on the pill and gained but is now on the injection and is very happy (she is stick thin!) I don' t think there' s any hard and fast rule, depends on your body. But I think it' s great that you' re making this decision as my friend lingered about contaceptives irrationally worrying about gaining weight for so long that she now has 2 kids with different fathers at the age of 22!

Reply to Jazz