Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2009/11/18

Birth Control Please help!!

I want to go on birth control, could you please offer advise on which is the best. I am concerned with regards to side effects. My doctor has pescribed Yasmin but I am still unsure and scared to use Oral birth controls .

Modern oral contraceptives have much lower doses of hormones than the older generation drugs and have minimal side effects. Benefits include regulation of menstruation, decreased risk of some cancers and benign ovarian cysts. Contraceptive injections are very effective with regard to preventing pregnancy but many experience menstrual irregularities. The ‘best’ method is one that meets your needs and can be used until you are ready to be pregnant. I would suggest you try the method prescribed for about 6 months and evaluate the effects. Some women relax and enjoy sex more when pregnancy risk is removed. Expert opinions are provided by the SA Sexual Health Association: www.sexualhealth.co.za

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/11/18

Reply to Sexologist