Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2009/11/18

Birth Control Please help!

I want to go on birth control, could you please offer advise on which is the best. I am concerned with regards to side effects. My doctor has pescribed Yasmin but I am still unsure and scared to use Oral birth controls .

Have a look under Contraception on this site for the pros and cons of the differnt types of contraception.

2
Posted by: A | 2009/11/23

I am currently on Yasmin and so far there haven' t been any serious side effects and I' ve been on it for more than 1 year.
I haven' t gained any weight or anything.
What I have noticed though is a change in mood but nothing major and also a serious lack in libido which isn' t ideal if you' re in a relationship.
You must remember that everyone' s different and this pill might affect you differently to how it affects me or anyone else.
In the box that the pill comes in there is a little booklet that explains everything and all the possible side-effects and how common they are etc.

Good luck!

Reply to A