Question
Posted by: baby blues | 2008/08/13

birth control issues

Good day

I am 24years old and have been married for just over a year. We are trying to conceive. I was on the 3month injection and the last time that I went for an injection was July 2007. Before that I was on the pill. My period was very irregular when I was growing up. I have had re-occurring bladder&  kidney infections for almost 3years. I have gone through lots of tests, I had an ultra-sound, an endoscope, bloodtests of all kinds, yet there seems to be no problem. Is there anything that you can suggest? I do have a referral to a gynea, is this the best option? My periods have now normalised, but at times the color is different... The discharge also varies in color, from clear to dark brown... sometimes there are cloths..

It probably is a good idea to see a gynaeoclogist. However, if the tests show nothing wrong, this is probably still the effects of the injection. If you had the last one in July 2007, it would have lasted till October. It would have then taken a f4ew months for your periods to normalise. From this time it can easily take 12 months before you conceive.