Posted by: bubbles | 2009-03-17

Birth control injection?

Hi. i am on the pill but with my hectic lifestyle i forget to drink it sometimes. my husband did some research and found that you can get a birth control injection just once every 3 months... is thia true and if so how effective is it??? and i read that if you use the injection and you decide to have a baby it can take 1 - 2 years before you can get pregnant (i read that on several internet websites) can you please give me some more info? getting an injection every 3 months would be so much easier that drinking a pill every day :)

Yes the 3 month injection, Depo provera, is available. Its main side effects are that it can stop your periods and that there is a long delay in falling pregnant after stopping it.

Posted by: Bubbles | 2009-03-26

is it as effective as The Pill? is it bad if your periods stop??? would you recommend it?

Reply to Bubbles