Posted by: Kwazi | 2013-01-16

birth control and pregnancy

I have been on bith control " Yaz"  for 3 months now and we are warming up to the idea of having a baby maybe fall pregnant by end of this year. please can you let me know my chances.Thank you.

Posted by: Nini | 2013-01-20

FIrstly I dont think anybody can tell you what your chances are, but what I can tell you is that if you are considering having a baby then the first thing you gotta do is to stop taking the pill. There is no guaranteed time line as to how long it will take to conceive, but for any normal healthy couple it could take up to 12 months to fall pregnant. Only after 12 months of trying will a doctor start exploring more options with you in terms of your fertility, unless of course they picked up any abnormalities during an ultrasound beforehand.

My suggestion is to first be sure if you want a child or not. If you do then logically the pill will have to be stopped. I suggest you visit your gynea for a check up as well just in case.

Other than that, just go with it. The more you stress then the harder it becomes. Stress plays a huge part when it comes to infertility, so try and take it easy.

Reply to Nini