Question

Birth Control

Hi doc i am 37years old and have been on the depo provera shots for years now. i don''t want to use these shots anymore because of the weight gain. Which other birth control can i use which will not increase my weight?

The two month Nur-Isterate injection should not cause an increase in appetite. I suggest that you ask the nurse to change the injection to the two month injection. In general, all combination oral contraceptives, containing estrogen, will cause an increase in appetite, hence an increase in weight.