Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2011-09-14

Birth Control

I am 22 years old. I am getting married God-willing on the 10th of December. My fiance and I have never slept together. We do not want children for at least the next 5 years. I am not sure when to start with the pil, it is now less than 3 months to go. And I have PCOS, I have been on Ginette before, I just need to be completely sure that I do not get pregnant - we won''t want to use condoms either. I have been on Ginette before for my skin (and the PCOS) with no negative side effects. I stopped because I was getting pigmentation. Besides drinking the pil everyday at the same time, what are the chances of me getting pregnant?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Cindy

I think you should go ahead and just start it now - you'll get used to taking it and it will allow your body time to adjust.

Regarding the efficacy of the pill: It is VERY effective - Almost 100% (Estimated between 98.5 an 99.8%).

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011-09-15

Hi Cindy

Reply to pharmacist