Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2011/09/14

Birth Control

I am 22 years old. I am getting married God-willing on the 10th of December. My fiance and I have never slept together. We do not want children for at least the next 5 years. I am not sure when to start with the pil, it is now less than 3 months to go. And I have PCOS, I have been on Ginette before, I just need to be completely sure that I do not get pregnant - we won''t want to use condoms either. I have been on Ginette before for my skin (and the PCOS) with no negative side effects. I stopped because I was getting pigmentation. Besides drinking the pil everyday at the same time, what are the chances of me getting pregnant?

Dear Cindy

There is no completely sure method of any contraceptive to ensure you not getting pregnant however the oral contraceptive pill such as Ginette is very effective. Your chances of falling pregnant would be under 1% but you have to make sure that you take it regularly at the same time and in addition if you are taking any antibiotics then that particular month you are not protected.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/09/21

Dear Cindy

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert