Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2010/11/15

Birth Control

I''ve been on the pill Nordette (which recently changed to Oralcon) for 7 Years now and I''ve NEVER been to a Gynaecologist - I don''t experience any problems, I''m just curious cause some people say I won''t be able to fall pregnant if I don''t take a break from the pill every 3 years. I know I should go see a Gynaecologist, But I''m scared they’ ll tell me something I don’ t want to hear.

Please Help.

You do not need to take a break from the Pill. It has no long term effects on fertility. The reason for seeing a gynaecologist if you are sexually active is to screen for problems like cervical cancer. It is important to do this so that any problems may be detected early enough to treat them.

1