Question
Posted by: Tee | 2010/05/25

Birth control

Hi Doc,

I have been on the birth control shot for 3 months almost and my first period lasted 2 weeks exactly and my 2nd period is going to be 3 weeks this wednesday. I am wondering if this is normal. It isn''t heavy but it isn''t very light. In between light and medium. Is 3 weeks normal?

Hallo Tee
Because the birth control injection consists of only one hormone ( progesterone) some women can get abnormal menstruations in the first few months. Most women will stop menstruating while using the injection. If the abnormal bleedings persist you may need an extra injection in between and if that does not help you may need to consider another kind of contraception (like an IUD or Mirena, if you don't want to use the pill)Please discuss options with your GP?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/25

Hallo Tee