Question
Posted by: bear | 2009/08/24

birth control

after how long does birth controll pills becomes effective? i started diane 35 on the first day of my period and had unprotecetd sex on the 10 th pill. my period hasnt stopped though-m still spotting and streaking. what are the chances of me having fallen pregnant?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Ing general, when starting birth control pills, it will take 7-14 days for the pill to become effective at preventing pregnancy. You will need to use a second method of contraception during these 7 days.

Spotting is extremely common during early use. However, if the spotting remains a problem, your doctor may need to review your treatment.