Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2009-06-04

birth control

Hi Doc,

I had been taking Diane35 for about 2years when i noticed my hair was started to fall out alot. I went to my GP and she gave me Yasmin but the hairloss continued. I recently read that Yasmin has a side effect of hairloss. The main reason i am on these pills is for maintaining an acne free skin. I would like to stop the pills and go on a completely hormone free alternative. when Stopping the yasmin will my hair regrow? Are there other pills with no hair loss side effects? is there another alternative to using B/control for ACNE?

Dear Sandy
Most hormonal contraceptives could cause hairloss. If you stop the hormones, the hairloss may stop after a while. if the acne is not too bad you could try using Benzac and topical or oral antibiotics to keep your skin clear. Try putting Bergamot essence (Lennon) in your shampoo.