Question
Posted by: mom | 2009-09-24

BIRAL for teenage exam stress

My 17 yr old daughter is feeling exhausted and stressed after an extremely busy term. To make matters worse she has 4 major projects to complete within the next few weeks, her music practical exam, and then straight into the year end exams, therefore she will not have enough time to relax these holidays. A friend has recommended that I start her on a course of BIRAL to help her cope with the stress and anxiety. Are these tablets effective and will they be safe for her to take over a period of two months? She is on no other medication apart from the Yasmin contraceptive pill. Also, will a course of B group vitamins help.? Thanks.

Expert ImagePharmacist

A good vitamin B complex is a good option. The biral will help for short periods of time, but if she uses it continiously for 2 months, it may become less effective.

Be carefull - the biral may make her drowsy. Dont take it prior to an exam.

2

My partner is an ex addict. He suffers from anxiety and panic attacks in social situations or unknown situations. Would Biral or 5htp be suitable?

Hi, can my 10year old and 8 year old use it? What time would by best to drink it?