Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/04/22

Bipolar Support Group and other stuff

Hi, long time no speak! I''m finally out of my hypomanic episode, after deciding to pay for the Epitec out of my own pocket. Discovery can keep their Lamitor. I''m even on a higher dose of Epitec now.
Wanted to tell you I found this cool App on the iPhone, which is a Bipolar Support Group. It is actually amazing. I''m not saying more, because they have one or 2 cases where non Bipolars join and make critical comments. I still appreciate your advice very much. But I so needed a support group where I can anonymously (with a nickname) vent my issues and not get the critism like I do from other people here, who probably think they''re helping, but actually just making silly comments. Bipolars, if you really are interested, you will find it.
My other question is, how will 120mg Cortisone affect my mood? I needed a pain block for my neck spasms, back joints and hand(tendinitis) on Friday. The Aneaetist used more cortisone than anticipated. I already feel I''m sleeping for shorter periods. During the time I stayed in Bfn I had 5 painblocks, and was admitted 3 times. I believe there is a connection. There was no time to phone my Shrink and ask him if it was okay to go, because I was in Bfn on business for the day on Friday and they phoned me with a cancellation at 12 on Thursday. Actually I didn''t want his opinion, because I was in agony and could not stand the pain any longer. But it looks like the facet block on the left didn''t work? What now? I''ll probably have to wait and see how I react. But I''ve always wondered about the connection between cortisone and mood. Only seeing my Shrink in 6 weeks, and by the way, he was an excellent choice. Spent a full 30 minute consultation for follow up. Not 10 mins and then started talking nonsense like my previous one.

Hi again !
Sad how there always seem to be folks keen to spend their time spoiling activities that please and hlp other people.
Pleased to hear you're feeling rather better now.
Its hard to guess how cortisone wil affect your mood. We know it can disturb mood, especially when taken in high doses and /or for some time. It could add to depressions or manias. IS the guy doing this sure that the cortisone is necessary, and no alternative substance might help ?
Pleased, too, to hear the new shrink is so much more satisfactory

1

Hi again !