Question
Posted by: Phoenix | 2010/11/25

bipolar - seriously

Hi CS

I need your help please. i don''t know what bipolar symptoms or the condition is, but i think i''m bipolar! My temper can go from 0 - 10 in a matter of seconds! When i''m in a loving mode, i am the total opposite of when i''m upset - it''s like i get possessed - say things, and i can do something that i can regret later! this is abnormal!

Please help!

What you are describing does not sound like Bipolar Disorder ( a condition which is far too fashionable and far too frivolously diagnosed these days ). It sounds far more as though you're ill-diciplined, impulsive, inclined to speak and act before you've thought through the consequences. That can respond well to counselling, such as of the CBT form, and not to medication. But see a good local psychologist for a proper assessment and diagmnosis

3
Posted by: Casey | 2010/11/26

It doesn''t sound like Bipolar. I''ve been diagnosed 8 years ago with Bipolar. It was not that easy road for the past 8 years living with the rollercoaster ride of Bipolar. There were times that everything was fine and there were the episodes of depression and the extreme highs. As Cybershrink said, it will be good to go to a psychologist for an assessment to give yourself peace of mind.

Reply to Casey
Posted by: Lin | 2010/11/25

The best would be to see a psychiatrist and get a fromal diagnoses.

Reply to Lin