Question
Posted by: Sam | 2011-12-02

Bipolar relationship...follow up

Thank you for your reply. It is great to have someone to talk to who knows these conditions and replies so quickly...THANK YOU!

He said today that the reason why he cannot meet me face to face is that he is "  scared"  that I will become physically abusive. I have NEVER physically abused anyone in my life. I never even smacked my children.

He has refused to go to couples counselling even though I offered.

I relly dont know how to counter these accusations.

Rgoufg understandably this would concern you, this doesn't in the least sound as though it about you, but about his irrational fears. And some people refuse counselling / psychotherapy even though it would obviously help them, as hey prefer to stick to familiar though uncomfortable bad habits of thought, rather than take the chance of changing to find improvement

1