Posted by: Jen | 2009-02-15

Bipolar Meds

I' m currently taking Cypralex (10mg) and Lamictin (100mg) as I have mild bipolar. The doc has now prescribed 1/4 of a 12mg tablet of Seroquel/day. I' m a bit apprehensive to take ANOTHER pill as it was difficult enough to get started on the others. Are there any side effects to taking these 3 pills (and especially combined)? Will I gain weight?

Also if I drink alcohol while taking these tablets is it going to prevent them from working? Thanks for offering your professional advice - it' s good to know we can come here and ask these kinds of questions.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Jen

Both Cipralex and Seroquel MAY cause weight gain. Common side effects with these: Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Skin Rash.

DO NOT combine alcohol with your meds as it may cause side effects such extreme sedation, fainting and dizziness