Question
Posted by: Isobel | 2010-08-18

Bipolar medication and pregnancy

I''m Bipolar and planning to get pregnant. My psiciatrist changed my medication as I am scared of the dangers in medication and pregnancy. I''m currently taking 200mg Serequal, 25mg Lamictin 20mg Lilly-Fluoxetine. i want to know if this medication is safe during pregnancy, and if not, what can I seguest to my psiciatrist.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Isobel

Firstly, you psychiatrist need to evaluate the benefit vs. risk ratio - Therefore where a certain drug whould not be a suitable option for one person, it would be for another.

Fluoxetine is often used and should not be a reason for worry. With the other two products limited information is available. However, depending on the benefit it holds for you, various experts would advise staying on these.

All the best!

2
Posted by: Isobel | 2010-08-20

Thank you for your time.

Reply to Isobel
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010-08-19

Hi Isobel

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist