Question
Posted by: Joan | 2011-03-25

Bipolar II - Irritability

The depression is under control. No highs, I am stable, but I am still very irritable/agitated. I have been on these Meds for over 3 months. Seroquel 200mg, Lamictin 150mg, Wellbutrin 150mg.

Any suggestions on what will help for the irritablity? Thank you.

Some people do indeed experience irritability while on some ADs, indeed some experience it as part of their bipolar or depression. What does your prescribing shrink think ?

2

Posted by: moi | 2011-03-25

I''m on the same meds and I have found that exercise really helps these to kick in - though I stopped the seroquel - it made me ''unambitious'' and without motivation.
SinceI kicked the seroquel, and with wellbutrin and lamictin I''m feeling much better and under control.

Incorporate exercise into your life - you have to get that agitation / agression OUT and exercise is the safest way to do so - AND the other benefits speak for themselves.

Work out your agitation.

Good luck!

Reply to moi