Question
Posted by: Jacques | 2009-09-16

Bipolar Disorder

Hi CS. Hope you are doing well. I am 28, an accountant and I have Bipolar Disorder. I am really suffering at work, I get alot of stress and I don' t seem to cope. I just try to wish away the day everyday and I dislike my work but it is the only thing I know how to do and I can' t get another type of job because then I wont make it financially. I am at the point of breakdown. Can you please help me with advice

In addition to medication ( mood stablilizers can be very important in helping you to control the disorder ) I think that psychotherap, particularly of the CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) model is important, enabling you to learn to eliminate avoidabl stress, and to handle unavoidable strsses much better. this would be a good way to find ways of enjoying what can be enjoyed within your job, and finding other sources of enjoyment to refresh you.